Easily make your very own lip gloss!
- 2 tsp. beeswax pellets
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tbsp. vitamin E oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- Melt the beeswax over heat while stirring; remove from heat
- Add all remaining ingredients (except essential oil); mix well
- Add the essential oil to the mixture; mix well
- Transfer mixture to lip gloss pot/container for storage
- Do not use until fully cool
At some point or another when using sunless tanner, you’re going to have an ut-oh moment and need to get the stuff off…pronto. (Hey, it happens to the best of us!) Whether you want to remove your sunless tanner because it looks orange, or it looks like someone attacked you with a paint roller brush and you have streaks from here to there, or just because it’s started to fade unevenly….fret not, it can be removed!
Here are your options (and in some cases they don’t work miracles the first time around so give them another go if that’s the case):
Baking Soda and Lemon
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
Combine the two ingredients and mix well until a creamy paste forms. Apply it to your skin and let it sit for a few minutes and then gently scrub and wipe it off using a cleansing cloth/wash cloth.
Lemon and Sugar
- 1 cup raw/coarse sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
Combine the two ingredients and mix well until a paste forms. Apply to skin and let it sit a few minutes. Massage into skin and scrub away that sunless tanner. Rinse with water.
Cover your body in baby oil and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse. (This won’t remove your tan but it will lighten it).
Exfoliating Mitt and Lemon
Pour some lemon juice onto an exfoliating mitt and start buffing your skin with it
Take a Long Bath
Soak in the bathtub and take a bubble bath for 20 minutes. This will “loosen” the tan. Scrub after soaking and your tan should wash right off.
Hair Removal Cream
Apply hair removal cream to the area(s) and wipe it off. (Hair removal cream…not hair bleach)
Save yourself some money and a trip to the salon with this d.i.y. wax recipe!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 juice from lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; heat for 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- Stir the mixture; return to microwave for another 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- (stir during heating times and you can heat in smaller time increments as well…make sure the wax doesn’t boil)
- Remove mixture from the microwave and let cool slightly until it is cool enough for you to use (be very careful when handling the mixture and when checking the temperature) The consistency should be like honey and it will take a little while to cool to the point that it is safe to use
- Use an old t-shirt to cut up into strips of fabric or something that is similar to use as wax strips
- Apply a thin layer of the wax mixture to a desired area (in the direction that the hair grows) and apply the fabric wax strip overtop of it
- Gently apply pressure to the wax strip to ensure it sticks to the wax
- Gently pull skin taut and lift up a corner of the wax strip and give it a quick pull (in the opposite direction that the hair grows) to remove the wax (and the hair)
- Clean up of any residue can be done with soap and water
*Mixture can be stored in a container in the fridge and reheated when ready to use again
Naturally highlight your hair at home!
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine ingredients; mix well
- Apply to hair and let sit for 30 minutes (sitting in the sun helps even more)
*It’s always a good idea to test a small section of your hair before doing larger sections incase the results are not what you desired (red undertones can cause orange-ish looking results)
Create your own hairspray at home!
- 1 lemon
- 10 oz. water
- 2 tbsp. vodka (plain/not flavored)
- Chop the lemon into pieces and place in a saucepan with the water
- Bring lemon and water to a boil; cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Strain the mixture (to get rid of the lemon chunks)
- Let the water/lemon mixture sit and cool
- Once completely cool, transfer the mixture into a spray bottle
- Add the vodka to the spray bottle and mixture; shake a couple of times
*Shake well before each use
Treat your feet to this deliciously exfoliating lemony foot scrub!
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Blend oats in a blender or food processor until powdery
- Transfer the blended oats into a bowl with the cornmeal and salt; mix well
- Add the lemon to the mixture; mix well
- Add a little bit of water to the mixture and stir until a paste forms (keep adding water until you get the mixture to a paste form)
- Apply the mixture to feet and massage into skin
- Rinse with water
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer
Banish pesky yellow coloring from nails!
- 1 ripe lemon (cut in half)
- Squish the tips of your fingers into one half of the lemon
- Massage the lemon and lemon juice onto fingers for two minutes
- Rinse with water
- Repeat steps for 5-7 days for noticeable results