Now that the holidays are coming to a close why not take some time and treat yourself to a de-stressing bath with milk and peppermint! This easy recipe requires only two ingredients and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
What You Need:
- 2 cups dry powder milk
- 4 bags peppermint tea (dry tea bags…not used)
What You Do:
- Start by turning on the water in your bathtub and getting it to a temperature that you like. Once you’ve got the perfect temperature, close the drain and start letting the tub fill with water.
- Once the tub has reached about 1/2 of the way full, add the dry milk powder to the water and gently mix it around with your hands. (You don’t have to go overboard trying to mix it because the pressure from the running water will help it to mix with the water as well.)
- Once the water level is where you would like it to be, turn the water off and add your tea bags. Let them steep in the water and milk mixture for a few moments and then go ahead and remove them from the tub.
- Now you are ready to relax and soak! After taking a bath in this mixture you should be left with skin that feels nourished and soft as well as feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.
Soothe and relax achy and tired feet with this foot soak!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. of Aloe Vera
- 1 tsp. wheat germ oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl of warm water; mix well
- Let feet soak for 15-20 minutes
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer
*You can also combine all ingredients and use the mixture as a foot rub as well rather than a soak
Scrub away dry skin and leave your feet looking and feeling smoother!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 7 drops rosemary essential oil (you can add more/less depending on what you like)
- Combine all ingredients (except the essential oil); mix well
- Add the essential oil to the mixture; mix well
- Apply to feet and gently massage into skin for a few moments
- Rinse with water
Save yourself some money and a trip to the salon with this d.i.y. wax recipe!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 juice from lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; heat for 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- Stir the mixture; return to microwave for another 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- (stir during heating times and you can heat in smaller time increments as well…make sure the wax doesn’t boil)
- Remove mixture from the microwave and let cool slightly until it is cool enough for you to use (be very careful when handling the mixture and when checking the temperature) The consistency should be like honey and it will take a little while to cool to the point that it is safe to use
- Use an old t-shirt to cut up into strips of fabric or something that is similar to use as wax strips
- Apply a thin layer of the wax mixture to a desired area (in the direction that the hair grows) and apply the fabric wax strip overtop of it
- Gently apply pressure to the wax strip to ensure it sticks to the wax
- Gently pull skin taut and lift up a corner of the wax strip and give it a quick pull (in the opposite direction that the hair grows) to remove the wax (and the hair)
- Clean up of any residue can be done with soap and water
*Mixture can be stored in a container in the fridge and reheated when ready to use again
Leave feet feeling relaxed and smooth with this warming foot scrub!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Combine the sugar and almond oil; mix well
- Add the essential oils to the mixture; mix well
- Add the cayenne pepper to the mixture; mix well
- Apply to feet and massage into skin for a few minutes
- Rinse with water