Another day, another strawberry d.i.y. recipe (I told you guys I was on a strawberry kick lately.) This recipe is for a full body sugar scrub that will leave your skin looking healthy and glowing with soft skin. Strawberries have a lot of beneficial nutrients within them that can do wonders for your body. Here’s a few examples:
- Vitamin C which acts as a protector to skin and also works to prevent acne and pimples from popping up
- Salicylic Acid which works to destroy free radicals and prevent premature aging as well as lightning and fading acne scars and blemishes
- Ellagic Acid which is an antioxidant that heals damaged skin and provides skin with a youthful glow
- Folate which works to regenerate cells as well as produce new ones
So, a couple of minutes to whip up this recipe and then treat your body and your skin to the benefits of strawberries!
What you need:
- 4 ripe strawberries
- 3 tbsp. oil (olive or coconut)
- 1/2 c. sugar
What you do:
- Cut the greens off the tops of the strawberries. In a bowl, gently mash the strawberries with a fork until they form a pulp like paste
- Add the sugar to the mashed strawberries and mix well; then add the oil last
- Mix all ingredients until well blended and a paste like consistency forms (if your mixture is too runny/moist, add some more sugar. If your mixture seems too gritty/dry add a little more oil)
- In the shower or tub, apply the mixture to your body and gently massage into skin for a few minutes. Then rinse well with warm water.
- Follow up with your favorite lotion
- Use caution in the shower or tub when using this scrub (or any). The oils in this scrub can cause the floors to become very slippery and slick which can be dangerous. It’s best to put a rubber bath mat or towel down and use caution as well.
- Be sure to thoroughly rinse all remains of the scrub out of your shower and tub when finished to avoid any stains/marks from the strawberries
Picture found at MyPantryShelf
OK, since I’ve posted a strawberry foot scrub and a strawberry smoothie recipe earlier today I figured why not post another strawberry recipe? (Besides, I really like strawberries and seem to be on a strawberry kick lately.) So, here’s a recipe for a super easy to make strawberry lip scrub recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and does a great job at exfoliating your lips, ridding them of dryness and leaving them looking healthy and moisturized.
What you need:
- 1 small ripe strawberry
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. oil (olive, almond or coconut)
What you do:
- Cut the green top off of the strawberry and cut the strawberry in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberry using a fork until it is a pulp-like consistency.
- Add the sugar and then the oil to the mixture and mix until a gritty paste forms. (If the mixture is too moist/runny, add some more sugar to it)
- Apply the mixture to your lips and gently massage for a few moments (pursing your lips together and rubbing works well too)
- Rinse mixture off with a washcloth and some warm water. Follow up with a moisturizing lip balm/chapstick.
- If you have extra mixture leftover, you can store it in a airtight jar but only for a day or two because the strawberry will spoil…this is a mixture better used immediately and made in small batches.
Treat your skin to this delicious body scrub that will exfoliate skin and leave it glowing (and not to mention, smelling delicious!)
What You Need:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
What You Do:
- Combine all ingredients (oil last) in a bowl and mix well
- Use immediately or transfer mixture to an airtight container or jar for storage
- When ready to use, apply and gently massage into skin for a few moments and rinse well with water
Treat your face to this delicious chocolate facial mask! Not only does it smell amazing but it also will do wonders for softening your skin!
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 3 tsp. cottage cheese (plain only)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp. oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients together; mix well
- Apply to a clean face and let sit 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Treat your hands to a spa-like moisturizing hand wrap!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine olive oil and sugar; mix well until a paste forms
- Scrub paste mixture onto hands for a few moments to exfoliate them
- Rinse with water and pat dry
- Carefully warm the honey in the microwave so that it is warm but comfortable to the touch (you do not want to burn yourself!)
- Carefully apply the warm honey to hands and cover by wrapping with saran wrap (or apply a pair of latex gloves)
- Let hands stay wrapped or inside gloves for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse well with water
Relax and exfoliate with this soothing body scrub!
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 8 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oil); mix well
- Add the essential oil to the mixture; mix well
- Apply to skin and gently massage into skin for a few minutes
- Rinse with water
Leave your skin feeling and looking smooth and healthy with this exfoliating citrus body scrub!
- 1/2 cup mineral salts
- 1/2 cup dead sea salts
- 8 oz. macadamia nut oil
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- Combine the nut oil with the essential oils; mix well
- Add the remaining ingredients to the oil mixture; mix well
- Apply mixture to skin and gently massage into skin for a few moments
- Rinse with water