Add lots of shine to hair with this tart cranberry hair rinse (perfect for RED hair)!
- 1/2 cup pureed carrot
- 1/2 cup mashed cranberries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Puree the carrots in a blender and mash the cranberries using a fork
- Combine the mashed cranberries and pureed carrots; mix well
- Add the lemon juice to the mixture; mix well
- Apply to dry hair
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse with water
*It’s always a good idea to try this on a small section of hair prior to applying to all your hair incase of a reaction and to make sure the color isn’t affected or changed
Create your own eye shadow primer at home that’s quick, easy and affordable!
- 1/2 tsp. natural chapstick/lip balm
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. liquid foundation
- Soften the chapstick by either running it under hot water or by quickly (and carefully) heating it in the microwave until it is soft (not melted)
- Combine the softened chapstick with the remaining ingredients; mix well
- Transfer the mixture into a small container for storage (lip gloss/eye shadow pot works well)
Naturally highlight your hair at home!
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine ingredients; mix well
- Apply to hair and let sit for 30 minutes (sitting in the sun helps even more)
*It’s always a good idea to test a small section of your hair before doing larger sections incase the results are not what you desired (red undertones can cause orange-ish looking results)
I am a black eye liner junkie. I’ve seen other eye liner sets for sale in the past and I normally just don’t buy them for the point that they are normally not all black and normally have some intensely bright colors which aren’t so much for me. So when I saw this one, I had to have it.
This 6 piece set includes (for $25.00):
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black (0.12 oz.)
- Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Mat Black (0.025 oz.)
- Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Black Jasper (0.007 oz.)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (0.007 oz.)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion (0.058 oz.)
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner in Glitter Black (0.011 oz.)
This set is extremely generous with the product for the price. 3 of the products are actually full size products which alone is valued at more than the cost of this set. The Smashbox liner, Urban Decay liner and Sephora liner are all full sizes.
There is a variety of liquid, cream and pencil eyeliners in this set.
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner: I’ve used this in the past and I’ve always liked it so I was excited that this came in this set in the full size. It wears well and I find it lasts pretty much all day until I am ready to take it off.
Make Up Forever Aqua Eyeliner: I loved this one. This was the first time I tried it and it’s one that I would buy in the full-size. It applies smoothly and easily.
Buxom Insider Eyeliner: I liked this one as well. I didn’t think it was one of the most amazing eyeliners I’ve ever tried but I also didn’t dislike it. It’s not one that I would feel the need to buy in full-size.
Kat Von D Eyeliner: I surprisingly liked this eyeliner more than I thought I would. It has a felt tip style applicator and I wasn’t sure how I would like that. It applied well and I didn’t have any issues with it. It delivered a nice dark black color.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner: This one wasn’t a favorite of mine. It has a nice thin applicator wand/brush, but the eyeliner itself wasn’t that great. I found that I had to apply it a couple of times to get a nice black color. If I only applied it once, it didn’t seem to apply fully and left me looking kind of blotchy. It also seemed to flake and peel off which is no good.
Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner: This is a good one. It applied smoothly and easily and I didn’t have any problems with it. It delivered a nice deep black color.
Overall, I would buy this set again and for the price it’s really a steal.
- 3 full-sized products included
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner
I’m very picky when it comes to lip glosses so I am always on the search for ones that I really love and want to keep using. This looked like a great opportunity for me to try out some of the most popular lip glosses Sephora had to offer and I’m glad I did because I found some that I really liked!
This 6 piece set includes (for $25.00):
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment (0.08 oz.)
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child (0.12 oz.)
- Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage (0.1 oz.)
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll (0.1 oz.)
- Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope (0.1 oz.)
- Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Precious Pink (0.5 oz.)
Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: Nice sheer color with a berry rose hue. I normally like Fresh products. It’s not my favorite though only because of the color. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice color but there are other ones in this set that I like more.
Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child: This was my first time trying this product. It is my favorite one out of all the glosses. I love the color, Child, which is a sheer nude color. It goes well with my skin tone and it’s not too heavy, thick or goopy. It seems to last a while too. This is one I would buy the full-size of.
Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage: I like this one too. This was my first time using a BITE product. The gloss color is a sheer mauve which I like more than I thought I would. This one also wears for a while. It isn’t too thick, heavy or goopy for me either.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll: I love this one and would buy this one in the full size as well. I like to use this on the center of my lips over top of another color to make them appear fuller. It has just the right amount of shine and a hint of sparkle.
Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope: I haven’t tried this one yet. I am guessing that even though I normally love Tarte products, this one is going to be my least favorite from the set. I feel like the color may be too pink for my liking.
Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Precious Pink: I’m not so crazy about this one. The color is pretty and it has a nice subtle shimmer to it. It is definitely high shine. What I don’t really like about it is that it just seems to thick and goopy for me. I wouldn’t purchase it in the full size.
- Opportunity to try before buying the full-size product
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace
- Hourglass High Sheen Lip Gloss
- Bite Beauty Lip Shine
- Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss (it’s not really bad–just not one that I really liked)
I’m a pretty big fan of all Tarte products and black eyeliner. So, I was pretty excited to try this one out.
I like the texture and it really delivers an intense black color. It even has a neat cooling effect when applied. The only downside, it seems to be a little too soft because it seems like every time I applied it, a little piece would break off and be just enough to irritate my eyes and leaving me trying to fish it out of my now very watery eyes.
Overall, I like the product….aside from when a piece breaks off and leaves me looking like I’ve been crying for hours.
- Delivers intense color
- Cooling effect when applied
- Too soft-breaks easily
- Starts to wear off mid-day