This delicious facial mask will do wonders for your skin with just 3 simple ingredients! The raspberries (which are bursting with Vitamin C) work to fight signs of aging (wrinkles and fine lines) as well as maintaining skins natural glow. The honey (which is packed with antioxidants) works to moisturize skin while fighting off germs that can lead to acne. Lastly (but not least), the oats do the job of soaking up any impurities that may have been clogging up your pores.
So, if you have 15 to 20 minutes and these 3 ingredients you have time to treat your face to this healing facial mask!
What you need:
- 14 ripe red raspberries
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
What you do:
- Place the raspberries in a bowl and mash them with a fork until they form a liquid pulp-like consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed raspberries and mix until all ingredients are blended and you have a paste like consistency (if your mixture is too runny/wet add more oats and if your mixture is too dry add more honey)
- Apply the mixture to a clean face and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water and follow up with a moisturizer
Recipe adapted (and original recipe) from: DIYFashion
Picture from: OhSheGlows
Treat irritated skin to a soothing and gentle lettuce cleanser!
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. benzoin
- Place the water in a saucepan and add the lettuce
- Bring the water to a boil; once boiling reduce heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for 1 hour
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Once cool, carefully strain the mixture and add the benzoin; mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a container for storage
- Apply to skin and use as you would a cleanser
- Rinse with water
Gently cleanse skin with this herbal facial cleanser!
- 1/3 cup dried chamomile
- 1/3 cup dried rose petals
- 2/3 oat flour
- Combine dried chamomile and rose petals and grind until fine
- Combine oat flour with grinded mix; mix well
- Add a tablespoon of water to the mixture at a time; stirring after each tablespoon is added until a creamy paste forms
- Place the mixture in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes (this will create a creamier consistency)
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool
- Once cooled, apply the mixture to skin (avoid the eye area)
- Gently massage into skin
- Rinse with warm water
Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
Cleanse skin with this gentle and effective facial cleanser!
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Combine the thyme and fennel seeds and place in boiling water
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and let steep for 15 minutes
- Strain the mixture
- Apply to face using a soft tissue or cotton ball
- Rinse with water
*If stored in an airtight container, this mixture can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Soothe and relax achy and tired feet with this foot soak!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. of Aloe Vera
- 1 tsp. wheat germ oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl of warm water; mix well
- Let feet soak for 15-20 minutes
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer
*You can also combine all ingredients and use the mixture as a foot rub as well rather than a soak
Scrub away dry skin and leave your feet looking and feeling smoother!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 7 drops rosemary essential oil (you can add more/less depending on what you like)
- Combine all ingredients (except the essential oil); mix well
- Add the essential oil to the mixture; mix well
- Apply to feet and gently massage into skin for a few moments
- Rinse with water