I purchased this polish randomly one day because I liked the color and was looking for something for this season. I was also drawn in by the fact that this polish promised to dry in 60 seconds.
Well aside from the color (Sonic Bloom)…..I hate it. It’s horrible.
I’ve seen some people say in reviews that they really like it, so i’m wondering if I got some defective bottle or something because I can’t imagine that anyone would like it if they dealt with the bottle of polish that I dealt with.
First off, when I took the lid off I noticed that the brush was different from a normal nail polish brush (at least different from any that I have ever used before.) It’s a more flat and square shaped brush and Sally Hansen refers to this as a “perfectionist brush” that is supposed to coat your nail with one coat of polish in on sweep. This isn’t the case. This brush definitely does cover more area on your nail than the average brush but it by no means coats my whole nail in one sweep.
Aside from the brush not coating my nail with one sweep I found it a little bit messy and had a harder time with it than when I use a standard nail polish brush. (Now i’ll give the polish some points there in the fact that some of the issues could have been an operator error with using the new brush).
My next issue was the consistency of the polish. It was thick…..too thick for my liking. I didn’t leave the cap off or expose it to any harsh high/low temperatures either that would have caused this. I found that the thickness of the polish made it harder for me to paint it on without it getting clumpy.
I will say though that the polish does dry quickly, which is nice but other than that and the fact that I liked the color, I would never buy this again.
- Dries quick
- Pretty/fun color
- New brush style doesn’t cover nail in one sweep
- Thick consistency makes a messy polish application
Save yourself some money and a trip to the salon with this d.i.y. wax recipe!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 juice from lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; heat for 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- Stir the mixture; return to microwave for another 30 seconds on the lowest setting
- (stir during heating times and you can heat in smaller time increments as well…make sure the wax doesn’t boil)
- Remove mixture from the microwave and let cool slightly until it is cool enough for you to use (be very careful when handling the mixture and when checking the temperature) The consistency should be like honey and it will take a little while to cool to the point that it is safe to use
- Use an old t-shirt to cut up into strips of fabric or something that is similar to use as wax strips
- Apply a thin layer of the wax mixture to a desired area (in the direction that the hair grows) and apply the fabric wax strip overtop of it
- Gently apply pressure to the wax strip to ensure it sticks to the wax
- Gently pull skin taut and lift up a corner of the wax strip and give it a quick pull (in the opposite direction that the hair grows) to remove the wax (and the hair)
- Clean up of any residue can be done with soap and water
*Mixture can be stored in a container in the fridge and reheated when ready to use again
I am always all about finding really good products that condition my hair and leave it feeling and looking soft, smooth and healthy. I was hesitant about purchasing this product only because of the price tag. $29.00 for a tub of it that is 7 oz. I figured it would be well worth it if it actually worked and would have been bummed if I spent $29.00 on a product that didn’t work. So I decided to give it a try anyways.
When I first opened this tub, I was greeted by a very pleasant scent (this is always important for me when it comes to shampoos and conditioners). The consistency was thick, as are most conditioning hair masks. I applied it to my hair while I was showering and left it sit on there while I shaved so that it had a decent amount of time to absorb into my hair.
I can normally always tell if a conditioner works well for me when I rinse it out. If my hair is left feeling smooth and not tangled while rinsing it out, I know I’ve found a winner! Luckily for me, this product did just that when I rinsed it out! My hair was left feeling silky smooth while it was still wet and didn’t feel like a tangled up mess.
Combing through my hair after I got out of the shower was also a breeze. It did an excellent job at detangling my normally tangled hair (it always tangles in the shower)! Any conditioner or conditioning treatment that can detangle my hair is a winner in my book! (And don’t ask me how I manage to tangle it either, it can be silky smooth before I get in the shower and by the time I am done washing it I have a real rat’s nest on my hands.)
I let my hair air dry (as I normally do) without adding other product to it to see the results. I was quite pleased! My hair looked and felt soft and silky smooth. This is definitely a great product for damaged hair. (Mine is color treated and always encounters the heat from either my straightener or curling iron).
- Moisturizing and conditioning
- Softens hair
- Leaves hair feeling soft, smooth and healthy
- Great for damaged/dry hair
- Smells delicious
- A little on the pricey side