For those who are suffering with extremely dry and/or flaky skin (thank you, Winter) this recipe is a must try! The three simple ingredients in this recipe are all great at nourishing and hydrating skin on their own and the combination of the three is sure to combat dry and flaky skin. (And on that note, this recipe, the ingredients and that picture really make me crave strawberry shortcake right now…..)
What you need:
- 6 ripe strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half. Place the berries in a bowl and mash them using a fork until you have a pulp-like consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until a creamy paste forms
- Apply the mixture to a clean face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cool water and follow up with a moisturizer
- This mask can be a little drippy so make sure you wear an old shirt and put a towel down where you’re applying the mask
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe at): SheSaidBeauty
Picture from: MyRecipes
In the spirit of spring and beauty here’s a recipe for a delicious smoothie packed with antioxidants that will quench and moisturize your skin while fighting signs of aging and repairing skin damage. All the ingredients in this smoothie pack a punch when it comes to beauty and health benefits.
Here are just a couple of examples of what some of these ingredients will provide you with:
- Coconut Water: helps to heal dry/itchy skin as well as age spots and wrinkles
- Cucumbers: Improves hair, skin and nails and gives skin a youthful and glowing complexion. Excellent source of Vitamins A, C and K
- Strawberries: Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory with lots of Vitamin C. Improves complexion and fights signs of aging
So, sit back and relax (maybe while doing a relaxing d.i.y. beauty recipe) with this delicious smoothie while it moisturizes and heals your skin!
What you need:
- 2 c. coconut water
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 c. spinach
- 2 c. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
What you do:
- Cut up the cucumber so that it is in smaller pieces that fit into a blender
- Add the cucumber and all other ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Enjoy immediately
- If your not using frozen strawberries, you may need to add a couple of ice cubes for a cooler smoothie
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe) found at: http://www.womenio.com/3031/15-specific-smoothies-for-naturally-beautiful-skin
Now that the holidays are coming to a close why not take some time and treat yourself to a de-stressing bath with milk and peppermint! This easy recipe requires only two ingredients and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
What You Need:
- 2 cups dry powder milk
- 4 bags peppermint tea (dry tea bags…not used)
What You Do:
- Start by turning on the water in your bathtub and getting it to a temperature that you like. Once you’ve got the perfect temperature, close the drain and start letting the tub fill with water.
- Once the tub has reached about 1/2 of the way full, add the dry milk powder to the water and gently mix it around with your hands. (You don’t have to go overboard trying to mix it because the pressure from the running water will help it to mix with the water as well.)
- Once the water level is where you would like it to be, turn the water off and add your tea bags. Let them steep in the water and milk mixture for a few moments and then go ahead and remove them from the tub.
- Now you are ready to relax and soak! After taking a bath in this mixture you should be left with skin that feels nourished and soft as well as feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.
Banish acne with this easy lime acne treatment!
- 1 cup milk
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tsp. glycerin
- Boil the milk; add the remaining ingredients
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes (or until cool)
- Dab acne spots on clean skin with the mixture using a tissue or cloth
- Let sit overnight
- Rinse face the next morning with water
Treat your skin to this delicious facial scrub!
- 3 tsp. almond meal
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. mandarin juice
- Combine all ingredients; mix well
- Apply to face (avoid the eye area)
- Gently massage mixture into skin for a couple of minutes
- Rinse with water
Soothe dry and sensitive skin with this gentle facial cleansing milk!
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. chamomile flowers (fresh or dried)
- Combine all ingredients into a double boiler; heat for 30 minutes (or just before it starts to boil)
- Remove from heat; let sit for 2 hours
- Strain the mixture to remove flower pieces
- Transfer mixture into a bottle or container for storage
*When kept in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 2 weeks
Treat and manage oily skin with this cleansing milk recipe!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. crushed fennel seeds
- Combine ingredients into a double boiler; heat for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat; let mixture steep for 2 hours
- Strain the mixture to remove seeds
- Transfer mixture to bottle or container for storage
*When left in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 2 weeks