OK, since I’ve posted a strawberry foot scrub and a strawberry smoothie recipe earlier today I figured why not post another strawberry recipe? (Besides, I really like strawberries and seem to be on a strawberry kick lately.) So, here’s a recipe for a super easy to make strawberry lip scrub recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and does a great job at exfoliating your lips, ridding them of dryness and leaving them looking healthy and moisturized.
What you need:
- 1 small ripe strawberry
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. oil (olive, almond or coconut)
What you do:
- Cut the green top off of the strawberry and cut the strawberry in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberry using a fork until it is a pulp-like consistency.
- Add the sugar and then the oil to the mixture and mix until a gritty paste forms. (If the mixture is too moist/runny, add some more sugar to it)
- Apply the mixture to your lips and gently massage for a few moments (pursing your lips together and rubbing works well too)
- Rinse mixture off with a washcloth and some warm water. Follow up with a moisturizing lip balm/chapstick.
- If you have extra mixture leftover, you can store it in a airtight jar but only for a day or two because the strawberry will spoil…this is a mixture better used immediately and made in small batches.
Treat your face to this delicious chocolate facial mask! Not only does it smell amazing but it also will do wonders for softening your skin!
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 3 tsp. cottage cheese (plain only)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp. oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients together; mix well
- Apply to a clean face and let sit 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Treat the delicate area under your eyes to this soothing tropical scented eye cream!
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- If the cocoa butter is not already grated, go ahead and grate it
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl and heat until melted
- Carefully removed the melted mixture from the microwave and stir well
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to a container for storage
- Let cool completely before using
- Apply under eyes at night
Treat your hands to a spa-like moisturizing hand wrap!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine olive oil and sugar; mix well until a paste forms
- Scrub paste mixture onto hands for a few moments to exfoliate them
- Rinse with water and pat dry
- Carefully warm the honey in the microwave so that it is warm but comfortable to the touch (you do not want to burn yourself!)
- Carefully apply the warm honey to hands and cover by wrapping with saran wrap (or apply a pair of latex gloves)
- Let hands stay wrapped or inside gloves for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse well with water
I purchased this massaging body bar from Victoria’s Secret during their semi-annual clearance sale (along with a boatload of other stuff from there).
I tried it out today and I like it. It didn’t blow me away (yet I didn’t think it would) but it also didn’t let me down. It’s one of those things that I enjoy but don’t feel like I have to have it and wouldn’t feel the need to quick order another one once this one ran out.
It’s gentle on skin and provided me with a soft later. The massaging nubs were gentle too and felt good on my skin. I didn’t find the scent to be very strong or even very present. It was very faint (which some people may really like) but I prefer a little bit of a stronger scent. (I’m normally a big fan of a lot of V.S. scents so I figured this one would be no different. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad scent, I just wish there was more of a scent).
The only other downside to this is I wish it had some kind of handle on the backside of it. There’s no handle on it and the only thing you can do is grip it in your hands and we all know that soap is slippery when wet so you really need to hold on to it tight. (I know I am going to drop this thing plenty of times……)
- Nubs feel good on skin
- Not scented enough for me
- No handle/slippery/going to drop it
Combat dry skin with this super easy corn facial mask which has a high protein and fat content, both great for dry skin!
- Grate a fresh cob of corn, straining off the liquid that comes from it
- Gently pat the corn liquid onto a clean face
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
Moisturize dry skin with this delicious skin treatment!
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. baby oil
- Combine all the ingredients; mix well
- Smooth onto skin (face, neck, rough elbows/knees and any where else where you have dry skin)
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water