Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
Treat acne by using bright orange marigolds (which contain salicylic acid) with this D.I.Y. recipe!
- 10 rose geranium flowers (with leaves)
- 8 marigold flowers
- 20 lavender flowerheads
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet vegetable gelatin
- 5 tsp. vodka
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- Chop the flowers, leaves and stems of the geraniums; place in a bowl with the marigold and lavender
- Bring water to a boil; pour over the flowers in the bowl
- Let sit for 10 minutes (or until the water has changed to the colors of the flowers)
- Place this combination into a blender; blend well
- Strain the mixture using a small strainer or piece of cheesecloth into a bowl/container
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 2 tbsp. of cold water
- Slowly add the flower infusion water (from previous steps); stir well
- Add the vodka and tea tree oil to the mixture; stir well till a gel forms
- Pour the mixture in a pump dispenser or another type of bottle
- Apply to acne areas twice a day (or as needed)
*When stored in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 6 weeks.