Now that the holidays are coming to a close why not take some time and treat yourself to a de-stressing bath with milk and peppermint! This easy recipe requires only two ingredients and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
What You Need:
- 2 cups dry powder milk
- 4 bags peppermint tea (dry tea bags…not used)
What You Do:
- Start by turning on the water in your bathtub and getting it to a temperature that you like. Once you’ve got the perfect temperature, close the drain and start letting the tub fill with water.
- Once the tub has reached about 1/2 of the way full, add the dry milk powder to the water and gently mix it around with your hands. (You don’t have to go overboard trying to mix it because the pressure from the running water will help it to mix with the water as well.)
- Once the water level is where you would like it to be, turn the water off and add your tea bags. Let them steep in the water and milk mixture for a few moments and then go ahead and remove them from the tub.
- Now you are ready to relax and soak! After taking a bath in this mixture you should be left with skin that feels nourished and soft as well as feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.
Ways to Soothe a Sunburn
Aside from the common “apply aloe vera gel” to soothe a painful sunburn, here are a couple more useful and very helpful remedies that you should keep in mind when you are looking for sunburn relief! (And better yet, most of the stuff you probably already have in your kitchen!)
- Add 1 tsp. baking soda into a quart of cool water and apply the mixture with a washcloth to the sunburned areas
- Apply aloe from an aloe plant
- Apply grated potatoes to sunburned skin (The starch from the potatoes helps to soothe and cool)
- Add black or green tea to bathwater (or apply tea bags to affected area)
- Apply egg whites for an instant cooling sensation
- Apply vinegar to prevent peeling
Tighten and tone skin with this tea and grapefruit facial mask designed especially for oily and combination skin!
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- Juice from 1/2 red grapefruit
- Steep the tea bags in the water; let tea bags and water cool
- Remove the teabags from the water
- Add the remaining ingredients to the water where the teabags were steeped
- Mix well
- Use a cotton ball or soft tissue to apply the toner to your face; let it dry
- Rinse with water
*Can be refrigerated in a bottle or jar and used daily