Treat your skin to this delicious body scrub that will exfoliate skin and leave it glowing (and not to mention, smelling delicious!)
What You Need:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
What You Do:
- Combine all ingredients (oil last) in a bowl and mix well
- Use immediately or transfer mixture to an airtight container or jar for storage
- When ready to use, apply and gently massage into skin for a few moments and rinse well with water
Gently exfoliate and nourish skin with this easy to make at home facial scrub!
What you need:
- 2 tsp. honey
- 4 tsp. almond meal
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. mandarin juice
What you do:
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Apply mixture to face and gently massage into skin for a few minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with water and pat skin dry
Now that the holidays are coming to a close why not take some time and treat yourself to a de-stressing bath with milk and peppermint! This easy recipe requires only two ingredients and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
What You Need:
- 2 cups dry powder milk
- 4 bags peppermint tea (dry tea bags…not used)
What You Do:
- Start by turning on the water in your bathtub and getting it to a temperature that you like. Once you’ve got the perfect temperature, close the drain and start letting the tub fill with water.
- Once the tub has reached about 1/2 of the way full, add the dry milk powder to the water and gently mix it around with your hands. (You don’t have to go overboard trying to mix it because the pressure from the running water will help it to mix with the water as well.)
- Once the water level is where you would like it to be, turn the water off and add your tea bags. Let them steep in the water and milk mixture for a few moments and then go ahead and remove them from the tub.
- Now you are ready to relax and soak! After taking a bath in this mixture you should be left with skin that feels nourished and soft as well as feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.
Treat your face to this delicious chocolate facial mask! Not only does it smell amazing but it also will do wonders for softening your skin!
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 3 tsp. cottage cheese (plain only)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp. oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients together; mix well
- Apply to a clean face and let sit 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Treat the delicate area under your eyes to this soothing tropical scented eye cream!
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- If the cocoa butter is not already grated, go ahead and grate it
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl and heat until melted
- Carefully removed the melted mixture from the microwave and stir well
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to a container for storage
- Let cool completely before using
- Apply under eyes at night
Treat irritated skin to a soothing and gentle lettuce cleanser!
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. benzoin
- Place the water in a saucepan and add the lettuce
- Bring the water to a boil; once boiling reduce heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for 1 hour
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Once cool, carefully strain the mixture and add the benzoin; mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a container for storage
- Apply to skin and use as you would a cleanser
- Rinse with water
Treat your lips to a sweet citrusy scrub that sure to polish dry and chapped lips!
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 4 drops vitamin E oil
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- Couple drops of orange juice
- Combine all ingredients; mix well
- Apply mixture to lips and gently massage for a few moments
- Wipe the mixture off and rinse with water
- Follow up with your favorite lip balm