Cleanse skin with this gentle and effective facial cleanser!
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Combine the thyme and fennel seeds and place in boiling water
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and let steep for 15 minutes
- Strain the mixture
- Apply to face using a soft tissue or cotton ball
- Rinse with water
*If stored in an airtight container, this mixture can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
An easy to make D.I.Y. hair detangler!
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 2 cups water
- 6 drops grapefruit seed extract (or any other essential oils that you prefer)
- Put the flax seed in a pot with water; heat on low until a thickened gel forms (stirring throughout)
- Once gel has reached desired consistency; remove from heat and let cool
- Strain the mixture using cheesecloth (or another fine strainer) to strain out seeds
- Add the grapefruit seed extract (or essential oils) to the gel; stir well
- Transfer the mixture to a container for storage or to a spray bottle (you will have to add some water to the mixture in order for it to work in a spray bottle, otherwise it would be too thick)
*Shake well before each use
*Store in the fridge and the mixture will last up to 3 weeks
Treat and manage oily skin with this cleansing milk recipe!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. crushed fennel seeds
- Combine ingredients into a double boiler; heat for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat; let mixture steep for 2 hours
- Strain the mixture to remove seeds
- Transfer mixture to bottle or container for storage
*When left in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 2 weeks
A watermelon face mask designed to leave you with radiant and glowing skin!
- 1 cup watermelon (no seeds/seeds removed)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Combine all ingredients; mash together using a fork to create a paste
- (if mixture is too thick add a little bit of water/if mixture is too thin add a little bit of yogurt)
- Let mixture sit in the fridge for an hour prior to using
- Apply mixture to a clean face
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cool water
A summery facial scrub that will leave skin glowing!
- 1 tbsp. raw shelled sunflower seeds
- Couple teaspoons distilled water
- Grind the seeds in a food processor until they resemble course sugar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the seeds with a few tablespoons of water (enough to create a paste)
- Massage the mixture onto a clean face
- Rinse with warm water
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer