I purchased this polish randomly one day because I liked the color and was looking for something for this season. I was also drawn in by the fact that this polish promised to dry in 60 seconds.
Well aside from the color (Sonic Bloom)…..I hate it. It’s horrible.
I’ve seen some people say in reviews that they really like it, so i’m wondering if I got some defective bottle or something because I can’t imagine that anyone would like it if they dealt with the bottle of polish that I dealt with.
First off, when I took the lid off I noticed that the brush was different from a normal nail polish brush (at least different from any that I have ever used before.) It’s a more flat and square shaped brush and Sally Hansen refers to this as a “perfectionist brush” that is supposed to coat your nail with one coat of polish in on sweep. This isn’t the case. This brush definitely does cover more area on your nail than the average brush but it by no means coats my whole nail in one sweep.
Aside from the brush not coating my nail with one sweep I found it a little bit messy and had a harder time with it than when I use a standard nail polish brush. (Now i’ll give the polish some points there in the fact that some of the issues could have been an operator error with using the new brush).
My next issue was the consistency of the polish. It was thick…..too thick for my liking. I didn’t leave the cap off or expose it to any harsh high/low temperatures either that would have caused this. I found that the thickness of the polish made it harder for me to paint it on without it getting clumpy.
I will say though that the polish does dry quickly, which is nice but other than that and the fact that I liked the color, I would never buy this again.
- Dries quick
- Pretty/fun color
- New brush style doesn’t cover nail in one sweep
- Thick consistency makes a messy polish application
I am a black eye liner junkie. I’ve seen other eye liner sets for sale in the past and I normally just don’t buy them for the point that they are normally not all black and normally have some intensely bright colors which aren’t so much for me. So when I saw this one, I had to have it.
This 6 piece set includes (for $25.00):
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black (0.12 oz.)
- Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Mat Black (0.025 oz.)
- Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Black Jasper (0.007 oz.)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (0.007 oz.)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion (0.058 oz.)
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner in Glitter Black (0.011 oz.)
This set is extremely generous with the product for the price. 3 of the products are actually full size products which alone is valued at more than the cost of this set. The Smashbox liner, Urban Decay liner and Sephora liner are all full sizes.
There is a variety of liquid, cream and pencil eyeliners in this set.
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner: I’ve used this in the past and I’ve always liked it so I was excited that this came in this set in the full size. It wears well and I find it lasts pretty much all day until I am ready to take it off.
Make Up Forever Aqua Eyeliner: I loved this one. This was the first time I tried it and it’s one that I would buy in the full-size. It applies smoothly and easily.
Buxom Insider Eyeliner: I liked this one as well. I didn’t think it was one of the most amazing eyeliners I’ve ever tried but I also didn’t dislike it. It’s not one that I would feel the need to buy in full-size.
Kat Von D Eyeliner: I surprisingly liked this eyeliner more than I thought I would. It has a felt tip style applicator and I wasn’t sure how I would like that. It applied well and I didn’t have any issues with it. It delivered a nice dark black color.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner: This one wasn’t a favorite of mine. It has a nice thin applicator wand/brush, but the eyeliner itself wasn’t that great. I found that I had to apply it a couple of times to get a nice black color. If I only applied it once, it didn’t seem to apply fully and left me looking kind of blotchy. It also seemed to flake and peel off which is no good.
Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner: This is a good one. It applied smoothly and easily and I didn’t have any problems with it. It delivered a nice deep black color.
Overall, I would buy this set again and for the price it’s really a steal.
- 3 full-sized products included
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner
I’m a sucker for Sephora’s boxed sets. They get me every time. I think I have purchased every box set they’ve had available over the past year that was stocked full of makeup goodies. They always have a ton of products that I want to try and I just hate shelling out money for a full sized product that I’m not completely sure I will love. This is by far the best way to test all the latest, greatest and hottest makeup products available without buying them separately.
This 9 piece set includes (for $45.00):
- Benefit High Beam (0.13 oz.)
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder (0.08 oz.)
- Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Flush (0.17 oz.)
- Stila Convertible Color in Peony (0.07 oz.)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Splendor (0.11 oz.)
- Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight (0.106 oz.)
- Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance (0.02 oz.)
- Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic (0.14 oz.)
- Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna (0.08 oz.)
I like all the items in this set. I have used a few of them in the past, so I knew I already liked them. Since it’s spring now, I like to have more of a golden glow and there’s a lot of great products in here that give me that. Plus, I can use different ones on different days and don’t have to use the same product day in and day out.
I would definitely recommend this set….you can’t beat the price!
- Opportunity to try these items at a smaller size before buying the full size versions
- A great assortment of name brand products
- They are small so they won’t last a very long time (but I knew this buying it)