This facial mask is easy to make and uses only a couple simple ingredients yet it does a lot of good for your skin! The cream in this recipe will leave your skin feeling moisturized and hydrated. The strawberries help to fight acne as well as to lighten and fade acne scars and blemishes. The honey has anti-septic properties and acts as a mild astringent. It also aids in cleansing the skin of dirt and oil.
What you need:
- 3 ripe strawberries
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 1 tsp. honey (raw is best)
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberries with a fork until a pulp forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed strawberries and mix well until all ingredients are blended and a creamy-like consistency forms.
- Apply the mixture to a clean and dry face as well as to your neck
- Let the mixture sit until dry (while you sit back and relax in the meantime)
- Rinse the mixture with warm water and pat skin dry. Dab cold water onto face to close pores and follow up with a moisturizer
- This mixture can be a little drippy when you first apply it so you may want to lay a towel down on the counter where you are applying it. You may also want to wear an old shirt when applying it as well.
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe) found at: HealthMunsta
Picture found at: Infusioneliquid
Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
Treat acne by using bright orange marigolds (which contain salicylic acid) with this D.I.Y. recipe!
- 10 rose geranium flowers (with leaves)
- 8 marigold flowers
- 20 lavender flowerheads
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet vegetable gelatin
- 5 tsp. vodka
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- Chop the flowers, leaves and stems of the geraniums; place in a bowl with the marigold and lavender
- Bring water to a boil; pour over the flowers in the bowl
- Let sit for 10 minutes (or until the water has changed to the colors of the flowers)
- Place this combination into a blender; blend well
- Strain the mixture using a small strainer or piece of cheesecloth into a bowl/container
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 2 tbsp. of cold water
- Slowly add the flower infusion water (from previous steps); stir well
- Add the vodka and tea tree oil to the mixture; stir well till a gel forms
- Pour the mixture in a pump dispenser or another type of bottle
- Apply to acne areas twice a day (or as needed)
*When stored in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 6 weeks.