This smoothie has many beneficial ingredients in it that will do wonders for your body, both inside and out. It also has a sweet and tropical flavor to it (thanks to the mango) that makes drinking it enjoyable as well as beneficial. This smoothie works to improve the health of your skin as well as to prevent acne breakouts and is suitable for any and all skin types.
Don’t let the fish oil ingredient turn you away, the other ingredients mask any flavor of it and fish oil provides your body with A LOT of benefits. Fish oil can improve the look and health of your skin and aids in reducing redness or blotchy patches on your skin. The benefits don’t stop there either. Fish oil can strengthen hair and leave it looking healthier and shinier and also aids in reducing dandruff and dry scalps. (I can speak from experience that fish oil really does do wonders for your hair. I started taking fish oil gummy vitamins a couple of months ago and noticed my hair growing faster and looking much shinier and healthier.) So, if it can provide you with better skin and hair, why not add a splash of it into your smoothie?
What you need:
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 c. yogurt (plain only)
- 1/2 c. mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp. fish oil
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 mint leaf
What you do:
- If your using a fresh mango, cut the mango into chunks and place in a blender
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Transfer to a glass and enjoy immediately
- Depending on whether or not you use fresh or frozen mango, you may need to add a couple extra ice cubes to your blender for a cooler smoother
- You can always add more mint leaves to the mixture if you want a mintier taste (I tend to like to add a couple more and always enjoy the taste of fresh mint)
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe found at): Womenio
Picture from: BestRecipes
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
Treat your skin to a delicious body scrub with a holiday favorite: candy canes! This easy to make DIY recipe is quick and affordable and in most cases, you probably already have all or most of the ingredients on hand (and this is a great way to use up any leftover candy canes you have for the holidays)!
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup finely crushed candy canes
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more/less depending on your preference)
- 10-15 drops peppermint essential oil (more/less depending on your preference)
What You Do:
- Start by crushing up the candy canes. My favorite way to do this is by breaking the candy canes into smaller pieces and placing them in a ziploc bag. Then I lay the bag on a hard flat surface (such as a counter top) and start crushing with a hammer. (Use caution though when crushing with a hammer or any object….the candy canes crush easily so there is no need to slam away because you risk damaging the surface your crushing on.) Once the candy canes look thoroughly crushed, I flip the bag over and do the same to the other side to ensure I didn’t miss any. You want to crush the candy canes until they are of a fine consistency. (You don’t want to have any big chunks of candy canes left….they will do you no good and you risk scratching your skin with them if you add them to the scrub mixture so make sure you’ve crushed them well.)
- Pour the finely crushed candy canes into a mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar to the mixing bowl and stir.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture in the bowl. Stir well until the oil has mixed with the crushed candy canes and the sugar and you have a paste like consistency. (It’s always a good idea to add the olive oil slowly and stir as you add so that you can control the consistency of the scrub. If you like a drier and more gritty scrub, you can use less than the suggested amount. f you prefer a smoother scrub, you can always add more olive oil until it has reached the consistency that you like.)
- Lastly, add 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil to the mixture and stir well. (You can add more or less of the essential oil depending on how “pepper-minty” you would like your scrub to be.)
- Transfer the mixture into a container for storage and future use. When you’re ready to use, apply to your body and massage into skin and rinse with water while you’re in the shower. Your skin will be left feeling refreshed and exfoliated and not to mention, smelling delicious!
Create your own deep cleansing mouthwash!
- 5 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. water
- 1/2 oz. vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 oz. powdered myrrh gum
- 5 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- Combine all ingredients: mix well
*Shake well before each use
*Due to the alcohol in this mouthwash, it is better to use on a non-regular basis and more when you are looking for a deep clean
Create your own mint flavored toothpaste with this d.i.y. recipe!
- 6 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. glycerin
- 16 drops peppermint or wintergreen extract (you can always add less to start and add more later if not minty enough)
- Combine all ingredients; mix well till it forms a paste consistency that resembles toothpaste
- Transfer mixture to a container for storage
Scrub away dry skin and leave feet feeling polished and smooth with this foot scrub!
- 1 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 2-3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine all ingredients; mix well
- Prior to applying mixture, soak feet in warm water for 10-15 minutes
- Apply mixture to feet and gently massage into skin for a few minutes
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse with water