Gently clean dirt and makeup from makeup brushes with this gentle and easy brush cleaning recipe!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well
- Dip the end of your makeup brushes in the mixture
- Massage the bristles; loosening up makeup and dirt
- Rinse makeup brushes under running water
- Let brushes air dry after reshaping any misshapen brush heads
- Discard mixture after use
Lately, I have been getting more and more into makeup brushes and have really been working to expand my collection.
This brush was on sale at Sephora.com for $15 (regularly $32). I figured why not for the price and also figured it would be perfect to use with my new Make Up Forever liquid foundation to get in tight spaces such as around my eyes and nose.
I gave this brush a try this morning with my Make Up Forever foundation. I expected that it would probably not really blow me away and leave me with more of an average it did the job feeling. (This was my first time using a brush like this to apply liquid foundation).
I must say that I was VERY pleased with the results! It did an excellent job of getting around my eyes and nose. It applied smoothly and evenly without looking streaky or blotchy. I wouldn’t really suggest it for your whole face since it is tapered but I think that now after using it, it’s a must have for the areas I mentioned. The bristles are high-quality synthetic fibers and are firm enough to get the job done (not rock hard/firm though) and yet still soft enough that it’s comfortable to use and doesn’t make me feel like I am “poking” my face.
I’m definitely glad I added this one to my makeup brush collection.
- Perfect for hard to get areas (such as around the nose and eyes)
- Firm yet soft bristles
- Applies foundation flawlessly without streaks
- Can be used for liquid or powder foundation
- Not the best option for applying foundation to larger areas
I think a lot of people often forget how important it is to wash your makeup brushes. I know in the past, I never realized the importance of washing them and I should have. My face is extremely fussy and is prone to breakouts (unfortunately) and I know that once I started washing my makeup brushes on a regular basis it really made a difference in reducing the amount of breakouts I got.
I normally stick to this makeup brush shampoo. It comes in a nice pump bottle. This stuff generally lasts a decent length of time too, depending on how often you wash your brushes. I like to wash mine weekly (on a minimum) because I use them daily and in that time they gather a lot of makeup and grime.
I was amazed the first time I used this (and honestly, I still am every time I use it) at how much makeup comes off my makeup brushes. I can always tell when my makeup brushes need a cleaning but I never realize how much makeup and buildup is really on them. And after seeing how much makeup and grime washes off, I understand why not washing them can cause breakouts!
This always leaves my brushes fresh, clean and soft after each wash and is a must have!
- Cleans makeup, residue, oils, buildup, etc. from makeup brushes
- Helps to prevent breakouts
- Cleans all makeup types off of brushes
- Can’t really think of any :)