Clean your makeup brushes of makeup and dirt with this easy recipe!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. Dawn liquid dish detergent
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl; mix well
- Dip the end of your makeup brushes in the mixture and gently massage the bristles
- Rinse the makeup brushes under running water
- Let brushes air dry after reshaping any misshapen brush heads
- Dispose of mixture
Ok–time to take a little breather from the endless D.I.Y. posts I’ve been making lately to do a review!
I’m really loving this all over shadow brush-so much that I use it daily!
I love the size of it because it allows me to cover large areas of my eyelids with one to two sweeps rather than having to do a bunch of applications using a small brush. I actually love using this brush to do my eye shadow base since the base covers the largest area using one color.
The brush has firm yet soft bristles. They are soft on my skin yet firm enough that I can build the level of shadow coverage that I desire.
I’ve washed this brush countless times too and have not had any issues with it. The bristles haven’t frayed and haven’t been shedding either.
This one is a winner in my book :)
- Can cover a large area at once
- Soft yet firm bristles
- Great for building the level of shadow coverage you desire
- Doesn’t shed (at least it hasn’t yet)
Create your own pore strips at home comparable to the pore strips sold at stores!
- 1 tbsp. Know unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 tbsp. milk
- Combine the ingredients; mix well
- Place the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds to slightly warm it
- Carefully apply the mixture to desired areas (nose, forehead, etc.) using a makeup brush (avoid the eye area)
- Rinse the makeup brush you used to apply the mixture
- Let dry and sit for 10-15 minutes
- Once a stiff film has formed, very carefully and gently peel the film off
When I first started using cream eyeliner I had countless problems applying it and could never get my eyeliner to match from one eye to the next. I always seemed to apply more to one eye than the other or one line of eyeliner was always straighter than the other. I purchased this brush from Sephora in hopes of being able to apply my eyeliner with more ease and precision than I seemed to be able to manage using any other standard eyeliner brush.
This brush is designed to provide an even amount of eyeliner to the lash line for uniform definition. It also can be used to apply powder, cream or liquid eyeliner.
I use this brush to apply cream eyeliner and the first time I used it, I noticed a huge difference in the way that the eyeliner applied. For starters, this brush is flat and wide so the area that it covers with each application is a lot larger than a standard pointed eyeliner brush. The flat design definitely aids in producing a flat and clean line above the lash line. It doesn’t however correct a shaky hand if you deal with that issue. (But no brush can really fix that!)
I really don’t have any negatives to say about this brush. I purchased it while it was on sale so that price was really good and I’ve had it for well over a year now and it has been holding up great. I don’t use it on a daily basis and I do wash it and haven’t noticed any shedding or brush fraying. Overall, I’m really happy with the brush.
- Great for beginners learning how to apply eyeliner
- Can be used to apply liquid, cream or powder eyeliners
- Easy to use
- Covers more area than a standard eyeliner brush
- Holds up well (no shedding or fraying of bristles)
- Has been sold out at Sephora
Lately, I have been getting more and more into makeup brushes and have really been working to expand my collection.
This brush was on sale at Sephora.com for $15 (regularly $32). I figured why not for the price and also figured it would be perfect to use with my new Make Up Forever liquid foundation to get in tight spaces such as around my eyes and nose.
I gave this brush a try this morning with my Make Up Forever foundation. I expected that it would probably not really blow me away and leave me with more of an average it did the job feeling. (This was my first time using a brush like this to apply liquid foundation).
I must say that I was VERY pleased with the results! It did an excellent job of getting around my eyes and nose. It applied smoothly and evenly without looking streaky or blotchy. I wouldn’t really suggest it for your whole face since it is tapered but I think that now after using it, it’s a must have for the areas I mentioned. The bristles are high-quality synthetic fibers and are firm enough to get the job done (not rock hard/firm though) and yet still soft enough that it’s comfortable to use and doesn’t make me feel like I am “poking” my face.
I’m definitely glad I added this one to my makeup brush collection.
- Perfect for hard to get areas (such as around the nose and eyes)
- Firm yet soft bristles
- Applies foundation flawlessly without streaks
- Can be used for liquid or powder foundation
- Not the best option for applying foundation to larger areas
I think a lot of people often forget how important it is to wash your makeup brushes. I know in the past, I never realized the importance of washing them and I should have. My face is extremely fussy and is prone to breakouts (unfortunately) and I know that once I started washing my makeup brushes on a regular basis it really made a difference in reducing the amount of breakouts I got.
I normally stick to this makeup brush shampoo. It comes in a nice pump bottle. This stuff generally lasts a decent length of time too, depending on how often you wash your brushes. I like to wash mine weekly (on a minimum) because I use them daily and in that time they gather a lot of makeup and grime.
I was amazed the first time I used this (and honestly, I still am every time I use it) at how much makeup comes off my makeup brushes. I can always tell when my makeup brushes need a cleaning but I never realize how much makeup and buildup is really on them. And after seeing how much makeup and grime washes off, I understand why not washing them can cause breakouts!
This always leaves my brushes fresh, clean and soft after each wash and is a must have!
- Cleans makeup, residue, oils, buildup, etc. from makeup brushes
- Helps to prevent breakouts
- Cleans all makeup types off of brushes
- Can’t really think of any :)