Treat acne by using bright orange marigolds (which contain salicylic acid) with this D.I.Y. recipe!
- 10 rose geranium flowers (with leaves)
- 8 marigold flowers
- 20 lavender flowerheads
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet vegetable gelatin
- 5 tsp. vodka
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- Chop the flowers, leaves and stems of the geraniums; place in a bowl with the marigold and lavender
- Bring water to a boil; pour over the flowers in the bowl
- Let sit for 10 minutes (or until the water has changed to the colors of the flowers)
- Place this combination into a blender; blend well
- Strain the mixture using a small strainer or piece of cheesecloth into a bowl/container
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 2 tbsp. of cold water
- Slowly add the flower infusion water (from previous steps); stir well
- Add the vodka and tea tree oil to the mixture; stir well till a gel forms
- Pour the mixture in a pump dispenser or another type of bottle
- Apply to acne areas twice a day (or as needed)
*When stored in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 6 weeks.
This was another product I purchased from the Sephora chic week sale! I never really use any type of setting spray for my makeup but figured I would give the smaller size a try.
I’ve used this a couple of times so far and like it.
I like to use this midway through the day when I feel like my makeup starts to wear off or when I have somewhere to be and don’t have time to actually touch up my makeup. It sets your makeup, therefore, you aren’t going to end up with a dewy/glowy appearance (that’s not the point of this product so if you are looking for something that does that….this isn’t it). It definitely prolongs the life of my makeup and seems to lock it in place so I don’t have to worry about reapplying it when I don’t have time.
I have also used it in a desperate attempt to wake myself up in the middle of the day at work when I was feeling extra tired by spraying it smack in front of my face hoping to give myself a little jolt….do not do this…do not. It will wake you up and leave you with a nice oily, greasy splotch wherever you sprayed it on your face. This product is designed to be sprayed inches from your face…not from an inch away.
I purchased the small 0.84 oz. ($12.00) bottle but there is also a larger 4.22 oz. ($29.00) bottle available as well. I will stick to buying the smaller one, not because I don’t like the product but because the smaller one fits in my makeup bag or purse perfectly without being too big and getting in the way.
- Sets makeup quickly
- Prolongs life of makeup
- Great for when you’re in a rush
- Can leave an oily, greasy look IF you spray it too close to your face