Treat the delicate area under your eyes to this soothing tropical scented eye cream!
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- If the cocoa butter is not already grated, go ahead and grate it
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl and heat until melted
- Carefully removed the melted mixture from the microwave and stir well
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to a container for storage
- Let cool completely before using
- Apply under eyes at night
Create your own eye shadow primer at home that’s quick, easy and affordable!
- 1/2 tsp. natural chapstick/lip balm
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. liquid foundation
- Soften the chapstick by either running it under hot water or by quickly (and carefully) heating it in the microwave until it is soft (not melted)
- Combine the softened chapstick with the remaining ingredients; mix well
- Transfer the mixture into a small container for storage (lip gloss/eye shadow pot works well)
Sooth puffy and tired eyes with this moisturizing eye mask!
- 1/4 cup ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- Mash the avocado using a fork into the aloe vera gel
- Apply under eyes onto clean skin
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Gently wipe off and rinse with warm water
Give your eyes a relaxing and cooling eye treatment on a hot summer day that will leave them looking bright and refreshed!
- Handful cold blueberries
- 2 tbsp. aloe vera gel
- Mash blueberries using a fork
- Add the aloe vera gel to the mashed blueberries; stir well
- Gently dab the mixture under your eyes
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Gently wipe away mask and rinse with lukewarm water
Here’s a quick and easy recipe using products you probably already have in your pantry for removing pesky eye makeup!
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients together
- Dab a cotton ball, Q-tip or soft tissue into the mix
- Gently wipe eyelids and lashes
- Rinse with cool water
When I first started using cream eyeliner I had countless problems applying it and could never get my eyeliner to match from one eye to the next. I always seemed to apply more to one eye than the other or one line of eyeliner was always straighter than the other. I purchased this brush from Sephora in hopes of being able to apply my eyeliner with more ease and precision than I seemed to be able to manage using any other standard eyeliner brush.
This brush is designed to provide an even amount of eyeliner to the lash line for uniform definition. It also can be used to apply powder, cream or liquid eyeliner.
I use this brush to apply cream eyeliner and the first time I used it, I noticed a huge difference in the way that the eyeliner applied. For starters, this brush is flat and wide so the area that it covers with each application is a lot larger than a standard pointed eyeliner brush. The flat design definitely aids in producing a flat and clean line above the lash line. It doesn’t however correct a shaky hand if you deal with that issue. (But no brush can really fix that!)
I really don’t have any negatives to say about this brush. I purchased it while it was on sale so that price was really good and I’ve had it for well over a year now and it has been holding up great. I don’t use it on a daily basis and I do wash it and haven’t noticed any shedding or brush fraying. Overall, I’m really happy with the brush.
- Great for beginners learning how to apply eyeliner
- Can be used to apply liquid, cream or powder eyeliners
- Easy to use
- Covers more area than a standard eyeliner brush
- Holds up well (no shedding or fraying of bristles)
- Has been sold out at Sephora
Lately, I have been getting more and more into makeup brushes and have really been working to expand my collection.
This brush was on sale at Sephora.com for $15 (regularly $32). I figured why not for the price and also figured it would be perfect to use with my new Make Up Forever liquid foundation to get in tight spaces such as around my eyes and nose.
I gave this brush a try this morning with my Make Up Forever foundation. I expected that it would probably not really blow me away and leave me with more of an average it did the job feeling. (This was my first time using a brush like this to apply liquid foundation).
I must say that I was VERY pleased with the results! It did an excellent job of getting around my eyes and nose. It applied smoothly and evenly without looking streaky or blotchy. I wouldn’t really suggest it for your whole face since it is tapered but I think that now after using it, it’s a must have for the areas I mentioned. The bristles are high-quality synthetic fibers and are firm enough to get the job done (not rock hard/firm though) and yet still soft enough that it’s comfortable to use and doesn’t make me feel like I am “poking” my face.
I’m definitely glad I added this one to my makeup brush collection.
- Perfect for hard to get areas (such as around the nose and eyes)
- Firm yet soft bristles
- Applies foundation flawlessly without streaks
- Can be used for liquid or powder foundation
- Not the best option for applying foundation to larger areas