Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
A tomato juice mask to calm oily and acne prone skin!
- Mash/juice a ripe tomato into a small bowl
- Use a cotton ball to apply a thin layer of the tomato juice to a clean face
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse with water
Save yourself some money and a trip to the nail salon with this easy to make at home nail strengthener that strengthens nails and also softens cuticles!
- 2 tsp. castor oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. wheat germ oil
- Pour all ingredients into a sealable bottle
- Shake very well (shake before each use)
- Apply and rub a small amount of mixture onto your nails using your finger (or use an eye dropper to apply)
- Leave on for 3-5 minutes
- Wipe off using a cotton pad or tissue
*Makes 20-30 applications (a little of this stuff goes a long way)
An effective toner that leaves skin looking and feeling refreshed!
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. distilled water
- 2/3 c. witch hazel
- Combine and mix all ingredients in a bottle/container (something with a seal tight lid)
- Shake well
- Apply to face using a cotton pad, cotton ball or soft cloth
Here’s a quick and easy recipe using products you probably already have in your pantry for removing pesky eye makeup!
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients together
- Dab a cotton ball, Q-tip or soft tissue into the mix
- Gently wipe eyelids and lashes
- Rinse with cool water
Tone, Cleanse and brighten skin with this vodka and watermelon facial toner!
- 2 tbsp. watermelon juice (fresh)
- 1 tbsp. vodka
- 2 tbsp. witch hazel
- 2 tbsp. distilled water
- Mash up the watermelon and strain juice to make sure there are no seeds/pieces
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the watermelon juice; mix well
- Pour into a re-sealable container or bottle
- Pour a small amount onto a cotton pad or soft tissue and apply to your face
*Store in the fridge for up to a week