This smoothie has many beneficial ingredients in it that will do wonders for your body, both inside and out. It also has a sweet and tropical flavor to it (thanks to the mango) that makes drinking it enjoyable as well as beneficial. This smoothie works to improve the health of your skin as well as to prevent acne breakouts and is suitable for any and all skin types.
Don’t let the fish oil ingredient turn you away, the other ingredients mask any flavor of it and fish oil provides your body with A LOT of benefits. Fish oil can improve the look and health of your skin and aids in reducing redness or blotchy patches on your skin. The benefits don’t stop there either. Fish oil can strengthen hair and leave it looking healthier and shinier and also aids in reducing dandruff and dry scalps. (I can speak from experience that fish oil really does do wonders for your hair. I started taking fish oil gummy vitamins a couple of months ago and noticed my hair growing faster and looking much shinier and healthier.) So, if it can provide you with better skin and hair, why not add a splash of it into your smoothie?
What you need:
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 c. yogurt (plain only)
- 1/2 c. mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp. fish oil
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 mint leaf
What you do:
- If your using a fresh mango, cut the mango into chunks and place in a blender
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Transfer to a glass and enjoy immediately
- Depending on whether or not you use fresh or frozen mango, you may need to add a couple extra ice cubes to your blender for a cooler smoother
- You can always add more mint leaves to the mixture if you want a mintier taste (I tend to like to add a couple more and always enjoy the taste of fresh mint)
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe found at): Womenio
Picture from: BestRecipes
Flip flop season is right around corner (it may even already be here depending on where you live) and there’s nothing worse then slipping on a pair only to see that your feet aren’t ready for them. (You know what I mean, dry and rough skin on your heels and toes that looks anything but good.) So, why not get your feet flip flop ready with this easy to make do-it-yourself foot scrub?
This recipe requires only a couple of ingredients and is super easy to make and leaves your feet looking and feeling relaxed and healthy. The epsom salt works to soften skin and relax feet while the strawberries work to exfoliate and slough away dry and dead skin. After this scrub….you’ll be flip flop ready!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 8 ripe strawberries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil)
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut them into halves or quarters and place them in a bowl. Mash the strawberries using a fork until they form into a chunky pulp/paste.
- If your epsom salts consists of a lot of bigger chunks, you’ll want to crush these up (this can be done by placing the salts in a ziploc bag and carefully crushing them on a hard surface using a hammer or rolling pin or any other crush-worthy object you have on hand.) After crushing the salts (if needed) add them to the bowl with the mashed up strawberries.
- Add the oil last and mix all until a chunky pulp/paste forms and all ingredients are mixed together.
- The easiest place to apply this is over the tub or sink. If applying elsewhere, I would suggest putting a towel down first to catch any drips.
- Apply the mixture to your feet and gently massage into your skin for a few moments. Let the mixture sit on your feet for a few minutes so that the mixture has a chance to “sink in” and soften skin and relax your feet.
- Rinse the mixture with warm water and dry your feet. Follow up with your favorite lotion.
- Make sure you clean up the area you applied the mixture in immediately after using it so you are not left with red marks from the strawberry juice.
Now that the holidays are coming to a close why not take some time and treat yourself to a de-stressing bath with milk and peppermint! This easy recipe requires only two ingredients and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
What You Need:
- 2 cups dry powder milk
- 4 bags peppermint tea (dry tea bags…not used)
What You Do:
- Start by turning on the water in your bathtub and getting it to a temperature that you like. Once you’ve got the perfect temperature, close the drain and start letting the tub fill with water.
- Once the tub has reached about 1/2 of the way full, add the dry milk powder to the water and gently mix it around with your hands. (You don’t have to go overboard trying to mix it because the pressure from the running water will help it to mix with the water as well.)
- Once the water level is where you would like it to be, turn the water off and add your tea bags. Let them steep in the water and milk mixture for a few moments and then go ahead and remove them from the tub.
- Now you are ready to relax and soak! After taking a bath in this mixture you should be left with skin that feels nourished and soft as well as feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.
Treat your face to this delicious chocolate facial mask! Not only does it smell amazing but it also will do wonders for softening your skin!
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 3 tsp. cottage cheese (plain only)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp. oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients together; mix well
- Apply to a clean face and let sit 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Treat the delicate area under your eyes to this soothing tropical scented eye cream!
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- If the cocoa butter is not already grated, go ahead and grate it
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl and heat until melted
- Carefully removed the melted mixture from the microwave and stir well
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to a container for storage
- Let cool completely before using
- Apply under eyes at night
Treat irritated skin to a soothing and gentle lettuce cleanser!
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. benzoin
- Place the water in a saucepan and add the lettuce
- Bring the water to a boil; once boiling reduce heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for 1 hour
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Once cool, carefully strain the mixture and add the benzoin; mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a container for storage
- Apply to skin and use as you would a cleanser
- Rinse with water
Gently cleanse skin with this herbal facial cleanser!
- 1/3 cup dried chamomile
- 1/3 cup dried rose petals
- 2/3 oat flour
- Combine dried chamomile and rose petals and grind until fine
- Combine oat flour with grinded mix; mix well
- Add a tablespoon of water to the mixture at a time; stirring after each tablespoon is added until a creamy paste forms
- Place the mixture in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes (this will create a creamier consistency)
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool
- Once cooled, apply the mixture to skin (avoid the eye area)
- Gently massage into skin
- Rinse with warm water