This delicious facial mask will do wonders for your skin with just 3 simple ingredients! The raspberries (which are bursting with Vitamin C) work to fight signs of aging (wrinkles and fine lines) as well as maintaining skins natural glow. The honey (which is packed with antioxidants) works to moisturize skin while fighting off germs that can lead to acne. Lastly (but not least), the oats do the job of soaking up any impurities that may have been clogging up your pores.
So, if you have 15 to 20 minutes and these 3 ingredients you have time to treat your face to this healing facial mask!
What you need:
- 14 ripe red raspberries
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
What you do:
- Place the raspberries in a bowl and mash them with a fork until they form a liquid pulp-like consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed raspberries and mix until all ingredients are blended and you have a paste like consistency (if your mixture is too runny/wet add more oats and if your mixture is too dry add more honey)
- Apply the mixture to a clean face and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water and follow up with a moisturizer
Recipe adapted (and original recipe) from: DIYFashion
Picture from: OhSheGlows
This facial mask is easy to make and uses only a couple simple ingredients yet it does a lot of good for your skin! The cream in this recipe will leave your skin feeling moisturized and hydrated. The strawberries help to fight acne as well as to lighten and fade acne scars and blemishes. The honey has anti-septic properties and acts as a mild astringent. It also aids in cleansing the skin of dirt and oil.
What you need:
- 3 ripe strawberries
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 1 tsp. honey (raw is best)
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberries with a fork until a pulp forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed strawberries and mix well until all ingredients are blended and a creamy-like consistency forms.
- Apply the mixture to a clean and dry face as well as to your neck
- Let the mixture sit until dry (while you sit back and relax in the meantime)
- Rinse the mixture with warm water and pat skin dry. Dab cold water onto face to close pores and follow up with a moisturizer
- This mixture can be a little drippy when you first apply it so you may want to lay a towel down on the counter where you are applying it. You may also want to wear an old shirt when applying it as well.
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe) found at: HealthMunsta
Picture found at: Infusioneliquid
Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
This is one of my favorite brushes!
I use it to apply my Bare Minerals foundation. It blends flawlessly and leaves my skin with an airbrushed finish. I find that using this brush allows for excellent coverage over any blemishes and skin imperfections.
The bristles on this brush are super soft…they are not at all coarse or stiff.
I’ve had this brush for well over a year and clean it on a regular basis and it never sheds and seems to be holding up well and is in nearly the same condition it was when I received it.
- Super soft bristles
- Excellent quality
- Provides an airbrushed and flawless finish
- Can’t really come up with any : )
Average Price: $36.00
I normally never use liquid foundations and generally just stick with powder/mineral foundations. I have a wedding coming up that I am in and was on the search for a foundation that won’t budge over the course of the day or night. After reading a lot of reviews, I picked this one from Make Up Forever. Most of the reviews were great, all praising this products staying power, etc.
This product is supposed to be waterproof which was important for me because the weddings location is in a place that is often hot and humid, so I don’t want to take any chances of having my makeup “melt” off throughout the course of the day when the weather heats up. It also boasts to control oil and shine and offers complete coverage with a powdery finish.
I decided to try this product out on a regular day to see how it held up. I applied primer prior to applying this (Smashbox). This foundation applied smoothly and easily. I had a couple of small reddish blemishes that I wanted covered and after reading the reviews on this product, I figured it would get the job done. I have to say, I was slightly let down. It didn’t cover these blemishes in their entirely, as I had hoped it would. Don’t get me wrong, it covered them to an extent, but not completely. The reviews also made it seem like I wasn’t going to need to pair this product up with concealer, but that was not the case. Pairing this up with concealer helped to conceal the blemishes but I was just hoping that this product alone would get the job done. It does settle with a powdery matte finish.
I wore this over the course of a work day and by mid-afternoon, it was starting to wear off a little (especially around the blemishes). This was also a let down because I wasn’t even in a hot and humid climate and the foundation started to wear off during the course of an 8 hour workday. It did however control my face from having any oil or shine which I definitely liked. (Great for those that suffer from T-Zone oils!)
I’m still going to give this a try on the wedding day but it definitely isn’t holding up to the extent of “greatness” I thought it would. For day to day makeup, I’m sticking to my normal bare minerals foundation because I think it lasts about the same length and also controls oil and shine (and I think it covers blemishes better). So on the day of the wedding, I will apply a light dusting of bare minerals over top the Make Up Forever foundation just for added security and staying power.
- Applies smoothly and evenly
- Controls oil and shine
- Doesn’t cover blemishes entirely
- Wears off over the course of the day