Flip flop season is right around corner (it may even already be here depending on where you live) and there’s nothing worse then slipping on a pair only to see that your feet aren’t ready for them. (You know what I mean, dry and rough skin on your heels and toes that looks anything but good.) So, why not get your feet flip flop ready with this easy to make do-it-yourself foot scrub?
This recipe requires only a couple of ingredients and is super easy to make and leaves your feet looking and feeling relaxed and healthy. The epsom salt works to soften skin and relax feet while the strawberries work to exfoliate and slough away dry and dead skin. After this scrub….you’ll be flip flop ready!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 8 ripe strawberries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil)
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut them into halves or quarters and place them in a bowl. Mash the strawberries using a fork until they form into a chunky pulp/paste.
- If your epsom salts consists of a lot of bigger chunks, you’ll want to crush these up (this can be done by placing the salts in a ziploc bag and carefully crushing them on a hard surface using a hammer or rolling pin or any other crush-worthy object you have on hand.) After crushing the salts (if needed) add them to the bowl with the mashed up strawberries.
- Add the oil last and mix all until a chunky pulp/paste forms and all ingredients are mixed together.
- The easiest place to apply this is over the tub or sink. If applying elsewhere, I would suggest putting a towel down first to catch any drips.
- Apply the mixture to your feet and gently massage into your skin for a few moments. Let the mixture sit on your feet for a few minutes so that the mixture has a chance to “sink in” and soften skin and relax your feet.
- Rinse the mixture with warm water and dry your feet. Follow up with your favorite lotion.
- Make sure you clean up the area you applied the mixture in immediately after using it so you are not left with red marks from the strawberry juice.