Fight acne with this delicious acne facial mask!
- 1 medium apple
- 5 tbsp. honey
- Grate the apple; combine with honey and mix well
- Apply the mixture to a clean face (avoid the eye area)
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
Banish acne with this easy lime acne treatment!
- 1 cup milk
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tsp. glycerin
- Boil the milk; add the remaining ingredients
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes (or until cool)
- Dab acne spots on clean skin with the mixture using a tissue or cloth
- Let sit overnight
- Rinse face the next morning with water
A tomato juice mask to calm oily and acne prone skin!
- Mash/juice a ripe tomato into a small bowl
- Use a cotton ball to apply a thin layer of the tomato juice to a clean face
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse with water
Banish a pimple…..with garlic!
- Cut the shelled, raw piece of garlic and rub it on the pimple
*There will be a reduction in redness and swelling within 24 hours
Treat acne by using bright orange marigolds (which contain salicylic acid) with this D.I.Y. recipe!
- 10 rose geranium flowers (with leaves)
- 8 marigold flowers
- 20 lavender flowerheads
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet vegetable gelatin
- 5 tsp. vodka
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- Chop the flowers, leaves and stems of the geraniums; place in a bowl with the marigold and lavender
- Bring water to a boil; pour over the flowers in the bowl
- Let sit for 10 minutes (or until the water has changed to the colors of the flowers)
- Place this combination into a blender; blend well
- Strain the mixture using a small strainer or piece of cheesecloth into a bowl/container
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 2 tbsp. of cold water
- Slowly add the flower infusion water (from previous steps); stir well
- Add the vodka and tea tree oil to the mixture; stir well till a gel forms
- Pour the mixture in a pump dispenser or another type of bottle
- Apply to acne areas twice a day (or as needed)
*When stored in the fridge, this mixture can last up to 6 weeks.
Banish pesky acne marks by making this lemon yogurt mask! The lemon will exfoliate and lighten acne marks helping them to fade over time. The remaining ingredients all have beneficial properties too, helping to hydrate and sooth skin as well as by boosting your skins ability to protect itself!
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is best)
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients; mix well to form a thick consistency
- Apply mixture to a clean face (avoid the eye area)
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
*If stored in an airtight container in the fridge this mixture can last up to a week