Another day, another strawberry d.i.y. recipe (I told you guys I was on a strawberry kick lately.) This recipe is for a full body sugar scrub that will leave your skin looking healthy and glowing with soft skin. Strawberries have a lot of beneficial nutrients within them that can do wonders for your body. Here’s a few examples:
- Vitamin C which acts as a protector to skin and also works to prevent acne and pimples from popping up
- Salicylic Acid which works to destroy free radicals and prevent premature aging as well as lightning and fading acne scars and blemishes
- Ellagic Acid which is an antioxidant that heals damaged skin and provides skin with a youthful glow
- Folate which works to regenerate cells as well as produce new ones
So, a couple of minutes to whip up this recipe and then treat your body and your skin to the benefits of strawberries!
What you need:
- 4 ripe strawberries
- 3 tbsp. oil (olive or coconut)
- 1/2 c. sugar
What you do:
- Cut the greens off the tops of the strawberries. In a bowl, gently mash the strawberries with a fork until they form a pulp like paste
- Add the sugar to the mashed strawberries and mix well; then add the oil last
- Mix all ingredients until well blended and a paste like consistency forms (if your mixture is too runny/moist, add some more sugar. If your mixture seems too gritty/dry add a little more oil)
- In the shower or tub, apply the mixture to your body and gently massage into skin for a few minutes. Then rinse well with warm water.
- Follow up with your favorite lotion
- Use caution in the shower or tub when using this scrub (or any). The oils in this scrub can cause the floors to become very slippery and slick which can be dangerous. It’s best to put a rubber bath mat or towel down and use caution as well.
- Be sure to thoroughly rinse all remains of the scrub out of your shower and tub when finished to avoid any stains/marks from the strawberries
Picture found at MyPantryShelf
2 thoughts on “Exfoliating D.I.Y. Strawberry Sugar Body Scrub”
Pingback: 5 Strawberry Body Scrub Recipes for a Smooth, Soft, Glowing Skin | Passion Awakening
Last night I did this scrub using your recipe, however, I used baby oil. Today my skins feels smooth and nice! Thanks for his recipe I will continue following your blog.