This facial mask is easy to make and uses only a couple simple ingredients yet it does a lot of good for your skin! The cream in this recipe will leave your skin feeling moisturized and hydrated. The strawberries help to fight acne as well as to lighten and fade acne scars and blemishes. The honey has anti-septic properties and acts as a mild astringent. It also aids in cleansing the skin of dirt and oil.
What you need:
- 3 ripe strawberries
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 1 tsp. honey (raw is best)
What you do:
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberries with a fork until a pulp forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed strawberries and mix well until all ingredients are blended and a creamy-like consistency forms.
- Apply the mixture to a clean and dry face as well as to your neck
- Let the mixture sit until dry (while you sit back and relax in the meantime)
- Rinse the mixture with warm water and pat skin dry. Dab cold water onto face to close pores and follow up with a moisturizer
- This mixture can be a little drippy when you first apply it so you may want to lay a towel down on the counter where you are applying it. You may also want to wear an old shirt when applying it as well.
Recipe adapted from (and original recipe) found at: HealthMunsta
Picture found at: Infusioneliquid
3 thoughts on “D.I.Y. Cleansing and Moisturizing Strawberries & Cream Facial Mask”
what type of cream do you use in the mixture ?
You can actually use heavy whipping cream (great for moisturizing dry skin) or sour cream (use low fat if you have oily skin.) Let me know if you give it a try and how you like it :)
Pingback: 6 Carrot Facial Mask Recipes for Keeping Wrinkles and Fine Lines Away | Passion Awakening