OK, since I’ve posted a strawberry foot scrub and a strawberry smoothie recipe earlier today I figured why not post another strawberry recipe? (Besides, I really like strawberries and seem to be on a strawberry kick lately.) So, here’s a recipe for a super easy to make strawberry lip scrub recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and does a great job at exfoliating your lips, ridding them of dryness and leaving them looking healthy and moisturized.
What you need:
- 1 small ripe strawberry
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. oil (olive, almond or coconut)
What you do:
- Cut the green top off of the strawberry and cut the strawberry in half and place in a small bowl. Mash the strawberry using a fork until it is a pulp-like consistency.
- Add the sugar and then the oil to the mixture and mix until a gritty paste forms. (If the mixture is too moist/runny, add some more sugar to it)
- Apply the mixture to your lips and gently massage for a few moments (pursing your lips together and rubbing works well too)
- Rinse mixture off with a washcloth and some warm water. Follow up with a moisturizing lip balm/chapstick.
- If you have extra mixture leftover, you can store it in a airtight jar but only for a day or two because the strawberry will spoil…this is a mixture better used immediately and made in small batches.