Clean your makeup brushes of makeup and dirt with this easy recipe!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. Dawn liquid dish detergent
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl; mix well
- Dip the end of your makeup brushes in the mixture and gently massage the bristles
- Rinse the makeup brushes under running water
- Let brushes air dry after reshaping any misshapen brush heads
- Dispose of mixture
This was another item I purchased from Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual sale. I normally like their beauty products and always like a good foot scrub so I decided to give this one a try. (The warming part of the name was appealing too!)
I gave it a try in the shower and enjoyed it.
It’s a pink color with small scrubbing and polishing beads in it. It’s more a thick gel-like consistency than a creamy lathery one. The scrubbing and polishing beads in it are noticeable but are not abrasive. I usually like a “rougher” exfoliating scrub because I feel like they normally do a better exfoliating job for me. I would say this is more of a gentle exfoliator yet it gets the job done.
The warming part of the title was alluring to me but I was skeptical of if it would really warm when I used it. It actually did warm up though as I scrubbed my feet with it. It’s not a very warm feeling but a mild and gentle pleasant one.
After rinsing off the scrub and drying off my feet felt nice and smooth. I like it!
- Gently exfoliates
- Nice warming feeling
- A little goes a long way
- Left feet feeling smooth and soft
- Not a deep exfoliating scrub
Gently cleanse skin with this herbal facial cleanser!
- 1/3 cup dried chamomile
- 1/3 cup dried rose petals
- 2/3 oat flour
- Combine dried chamomile and rose petals and grind until fine
- Combine oat flour with grinded mix; mix well
- Add a tablespoon of water to the mixture at a time; stirring after each tablespoon is added until a creamy paste forms
- Place the mixture in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes (this will create a creamier consistency)
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool
- Once cooled, apply the mixture to skin (avoid the eye area)
- Gently massage into skin
- Rinse with warm water
Calm and tone distressed skin with this gentle tonic!
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring water to a boil over heat; add basil leaves
- Let steep in water for 15 minutes
- Carefully strain the leaves from the mixture and discard
- Let the basil water cool
- Apply to problem areas using a cotton ball or soft tissue
*Store in the fridge until water becomes cloudy/murky. Discard at this point.
Treat dry hands and feet to this moisturizing treatment!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. rice bran
- Combine all ingredients; mix well to form a creamy paste
- Massage mixture onto feet and hands
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
Treat your hands to a spa-like moisturizing hand wrap!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine olive oil and sugar; mix well until a paste forms
- Scrub paste mixture onto hands for a few moments to exfoliate them
- Rinse with water and pat dry
- Carefully warm the honey in the microwave so that it is warm but comfortable to the touch (you do not want to burn yourself!)
- Carefully apply the warm honey to hands and cover by wrapping with saran wrap (or apply a pair of latex gloves)
- Let hands stay wrapped or inside gloves for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse well with water
I purchased this massaging body bar from Victoria’s Secret during their semi-annual clearance sale (along with a boatload of other stuff from there).
I tried it out today and I like it. It didn’t blow me away (yet I didn’t think it would) but it also didn’t let me down. It’s one of those things that I enjoy but don’t feel like I have to have it and wouldn’t feel the need to quick order another one once this one ran out.
It’s gentle on skin and provided me with a soft later. The massaging nubs were gentle too and felt good on my skin. I didn’t find the scent to be very strong or even very present. It was very faint (which some people may really like) but I prefer a little bit of a stronger scent. (I’m normally a big fan of a lot of V.S. scents so I figured this one would be no different. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad scent, I just wish there was more of a scent).
The only other downside to this is I wish it had some kind of handle on the backside of it. There’s no handle on it and the only thing you can do is grip it in your hands and we all know that soap is slippery when wet so you really need to hold on to it tight. (I know I am going to drop this thing plenty of times……)
- Nubs feel good on skin
- Not scented enough for me
- No handle/slippery/going to drop it